TOPIC: BE TRUSTWORTHY, HE IS COMING
OPENING PRAYER: Dear Lord, make me more like you through the power of your word as I meditate on it.
Scripture: Matthew 25:14-30
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
Normally referred to as the “Parable of the Talents”, probably the title, “A call to trustworthiness” could be a fitting alternative. Read v.15 again. Each servant was entrusted with a portion of the Master’s property (see also vs.20, 22), each according to his ability. What encouragement can you draw from this? Do we realize that God knows our abilities and entrusts us with tasks and responsibilities which we are well capable, with His help, to accomplish?
Two categories of servants emerge: those who invested their portions and the one who refused to invest. What do you think motivated each of them? Each servant gave account of their stewardship of money and time. The first and second servants did that promptly and gladly (vs.20,22) and each received the same commendation from the master (vs.21,23). What other benefits follow trustworthiness? The unfaithful servant had to tell a long story.
Excuses (vs.24-25), pure laziness and wickedness (v.26)! He is judged by his own words (v.27). What do you learn from his end (vs.28-30)? We should realize that accountability will always be required of us for all that has been entrusted to us.
• And so? Take time and reflect on how you have performed as a steward of the things entrusted to you: money, time, family, work, your health, relationships, and many others.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Pray for grace to be found trustworthy.
• Pray for the conversion of unbelieving members of your family and extended family. Pray that God will send them witnesses they can believe.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Ezek. 1-2; John 8:28-59
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 20 September 2021 – Be Trustworthy, He Is Coming! God bless you!