Topic: “Loose And Bring Them”
MEMORISE: Luke 9:2
“And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.”
READ: Matthew 21:1-9 (KJV)
1. And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples,
2. Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her; loose them, and bring them unto me.
3. And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them.
4. All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,
5. Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
6. And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them,
7. And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.
8. And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way.
9. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
Today’s Bible reading is very significant to all Christians, especially soul-winners. Soul-winners are expected to loose their converts from the bondage of Satan and sin. Jesus said in Mark 16:17-18: And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall; not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
We are not supposed to dialogue with the devil and his cohorts; all we need is to exercise our God-given authority. Our Lord Jesus said “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you” (Luke 10:19). As soul-winners, we must endeavour to go after entire households and bring them to Christ. The disciples decorated both the ass and its colt for the use of the Master (Matthew 21:7). Before our converts can be useful for the Master, we must work on them by the preaching of the word.
The Bible says “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine” (2 Timothy 4:2). Another lesson to learn from today’s Bible reading is that we must glorify God through His beloved Son. God has given Jesus Christ a name that is above every other (Philippians 2:9-10). This is why the multitudes were singing: … Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest. – (Matthew 21:9) Our Lord Himself said “…I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:6).
He said further “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” (Revelation 3:20). Finally, both the ass and its colt enjoyed the honour accorded their rider Jesus Christ. When we allow ourselves to be used of the Lord Jesus, His honour will rub off on us, to the glory of His name. Purify yourself for the Master’s use today and you will be well rewarded for it.
Father, please help me to carry out Your Great Commission effectively, bringing families and communities into Your kingdom, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 1-5
Open Heavens Daily Devotional Lessons/guide Was Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer Of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, One of The Largest Evangelical Churches in The World and Also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The open Heavens Devotional is One of The Most Wildly Read Devotionals in The World. It Is Designed to Load You Daily with Gods Word and Keep You Inspired, Encouraged and Uplifted. It Includes Open Heavens Devotionals, Teens Open Heavens Devotionals and Many More…. Read More