TOPIC: THE SINFUL MAN
TEXT: Romans 3:9-20(NKJV)
9. What then? Are we better [than they?] Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.
10. As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one;
11. There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God.
12. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”
13. “Their throat [is] an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit”; “The poison of asps [is] under their lips”;
14. “Whose mouth [is] full of cursing and bitterness.”
15. “Their feet [are] swift to shed blood;
16. Destruction and misery [are] in their ways;
17. And the way of peace they have not known.”
18. “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
19. Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20. Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.
In today’s reading, Paul made it clear that both Jews and Gentiles are under the power of sin; none is righteous, no one seeks for God, no one does good – with tongues they deceive, full of curses and bitterness, shed blood, no fear of God, know no peace and in their paths, are ruined and in misery. Sin puts people in bondage and chains. However, shall we continue in sins that grace may abound? God forbid! Jesus, the bondage breaker, is the answer for total liberation! The death of Jesus on the Cross, His resurrection and power in His Blood, broke forever the power of sins for our total victory.
Through death, He destroyed him who has the power of death, that is, the devil (Heb. 2:14-15); of course, the sting of death is sin. Urgently needed is a personal encounter with Jesus Christ for one to have experience of salvation and be born again with a transformed life! Believe in Him with all your heart and receive Him sincerely. He will give you power to be His Child, the same power will help you to overcome evil. This is the power that destroyed the power of sin. Let he that calls upon the name of the Lord depart from iniquity (2 Tim. 2:19).
Prayer: Dear God, help me to be holy by departing from iniquity in Jesus ‘Name. Amen.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 20 September 2021 – The Sinful Man. God bless you!