DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR JUNE 24, 2022 (TRUST IN THE LORD)
TOPIC : “TRUST IN THE LORD“
Text: Psalm 118:5-14
5. I called upon the LORD in distress; the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place.
6. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear; what can man do unto me?
7. The LORD taketh my part with them that help me; therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.
8. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
9. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
10. All nations compassed me about; but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them.
11. They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about; but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.
12. They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns; for in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.
13. Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall; but the LORD helped me.
14. The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation.
KEY VERSE: Psalm 118:8
“It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”
In our daily engagements and activities, it is imperative that we repose confidence in someone or something. We do not think twice before boarding an aircraft. We are confident that the pilot will do his work competently, and will get us to our destination. The problem starts when we are confronted by situations that require that we put our confidence in God. This, itself, is an act of faith.
The psalmist is convinced that God is good and merciful. When he faced a distressing situation therefore, he cried to the Lord who answered promptly. He knew that God was on his side, and there was no need to be afraid of what men might do to him. From experience, the psalmist knew that it was better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. He believed that in the name of the Lord, he would vanquish all those forces that had gathered against him. He was sorely pressured by the enemy in the hope that he would fall. But God came to his rescue. No wonder he saw God as his strength, song and salvation.
We must recognise that it is a waste of time to trust men more than God. It is a contradiction for us to turn to man when trials and troubles arise. We trust God because His love is eternal, His mercy is unmerited, His compassion is unfailing, His promises are certain and His gifts are good and perfect. All you need to do is ensure that there is no disagreement between you and the Lord, for then your confidence in Him will never be in vain.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God delivers those who trust in Him during adversity.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.