DCLM Daily Manna 28 September 2022 Devotional – All Hail The Marvelous Creator
TOPIC: All Hail The Marvelous Creator
TEXT: Hebrews 1:1-10
1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
- Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
- Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
- Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
- For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
- And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
- And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
- But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever; a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
- Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
- And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands;
“And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands.” – (Hebrews 1:10).
In the year 2020, astronomers using the hubble space telescope discovered a new star and caused a lot of excitement in scientific circles. According to them, this star, which they named “Icarus”, is said to be located at 13.4 billion light years from the earth. So, the distance of “Icarus” from the earth is 10.915 trillion kilometres, multiplied by 13.4 billion! Remember, that is not yet up to heaven. But the angels can come from heaven to the earth in a matter of seconds! (Daniel 10:12,13). Such is the power of God.
Our text reveals the majesty of God and the glorious image inherent in His Son “whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds”. Christ is portrayed as the “brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person”.
He is our Propitiator who had by Himself “purged our sins, [and] sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high”. Christ’s throne is forever, and a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of His kingdom. He laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning and will fold them up eventually while He remains ever the same.
The wonders of God’s creations are a great beauty to behold. He made the angels, and all men, the rising and setting sun, the golden moonlight, the beautiful roses, the waterfalls, the vast oceans, the gentle breeze we enjoy as we relax, the rain showers that soften the ground and make it bring forth and bud, the animal kingdom, the vast vegetation, the star filled night sky, etc.
These are just a part of what our wonderful Creator has made. He gave us eyes to see them and lips that we might tell how great the Almighty, who has done all things well, is.
Therefore, believers need to adore God to whom they owe their existence. An attitude of gratitude is always pleasing to Him as it makes us to praise Him. There is no sweeter song in His ear than the song of one who blesses Him. If you can only praise God today, you will experience marvellous things that will utterly astonish you.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Praising God is a mark of gratitude.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Peter 1 – 3
DCLM Daily Manna 28 September 2022 Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. DCLM Daily Manna 28 September 2022
Leave a Reply