TOPIC: WHERE IS THE LORD GOD OF ELIJAH? (II)
Fire Scripture: 1 Kings 18:27-40
Memory Verse: 1 Kings 18:39 – “And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God.”
Motivational Quote: The Lord God of Elijah wields unconquerable power. He never fails.
Prophetic Word: I decree that today, the God of Elijah will manifest His power and wonders in your situation, in the name of Jesus.
We learnt yesterday that by the help of the Holy Spirit, Elisha introduced us to the Lord God of Elijah. We found that his call upon the Lord God of Elijah produced a miracle. The result served as a proof that the God of Elijah is the living, sovereign and miracle-working God. I would like to deepen your understanding of who the God of Elijah is and what you stand to gain by connecting to Him.
First, the God of Elijah is all-conquering. He is the jealous and all-powerful God that defeats idolatry, false prophets and apostasy. Ahab and Jezebel had allowed Baal worship to turn the heart of Israel away from Jehovah. The souls of all Israelites were so precious to God that He raised Elijah and used him to judge Israel and end the apostasy.
In the same way, God was so passionate about redeeming the souls of mankind that He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, as the ultimate sacrifice for man’s redemption. Second, the God of Elijah fights for His children and gives them victory. When God appeared as the defender of the Israelites, Moses and the people he led saw the salvation of God.
When Goliath came against the children of Israel, to defy the armies of the living God, David demonstrated the power of God, Goliath fell and died. On Mount of Carmel, when Elijah called on the God of Israel, who answers by fire, the prophets of Baal were humiliated and were all killed. Whenever you call on the God of Elijah to fight for you, be assured that your victory will manifest, in the name of Jesus.
The God of Elijah solves all kinds of problem, be it global, national or family problems. He delivered the family of the widow of Zarephath from death due to hunger. The moment Elijah got to their home, heaven ensured that their food supply never ceased until the famine ended.
Dearly beloved, is there a need in your life? Are you going through a dry season? Call upon the God of Elijah now. He will end your dry season and supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
1. My Father, give me the mantle of Your power, in the name of Jesus.
2. I connect my life and destiny to the God of Elijah, in the name of Jesus.
3. O God of Elijah, use me to win souls for you all over the world, in the name of Jesus.
4. O God of Elijah, arise and destroy idolatrous practices in all nations of the world, in the name of Jesus.
5. O God of Elijah, arise and loose the souls of men that the enemy has tied to idols, in the name of Jesus.
6. O God of Elijah, arise and let evil priests and priestesses on satanic altars scatter, in the name of Jesus.
7. I declare that the God of Elijah is my provider; I shall be satisfied even in the time of famine, in the name of Jesus.
Bible In One Year: Ps 119:1-88