TOPIC: KILL IT
Bible Reading: Mark 14:3-9
3. And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.
4. And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?
5. For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.
6. And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.
7. For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.
8. She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.
9. Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.
Memorise: “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.” 2 Corinthians 4:7
In today’s Bible reading, we are told of an alabaster box of ointment. The box was made of clay while the ointment (perfume) inside was precious and most valuable. Until the box was broken, the ointment remained intact. Just like that box, you are a soul that lives inside a body. That body is also known as the flesh. Often, when someone wants to do things that would profit the soul, the flesh gets in the way. This is because the flesh likes comfort.
So, for you to have a smooth walk with God, your flesh has to die. You can kill the flesh by seeking God prayerfully and fervently. For instance, if you find it difficult to wake in the night to pray, it may be because your bed is too comfortable; sleep on the floor.
Be hard on your flesh. When I was a student, I did this a lot when preparing for examinations. This norm is a part of me today; my inner prayer room has no furniture in it, only a praying mat, a copy of my Bible and dictionary.
You must be hard on your flesh if you want to get to heaven. Convert the time you spend watching TV series and surfing social media for the study of Gods word.
Any Christian that does not kill the flesh will be killed by the flesh.
Bible in One Year
Ecclesiastes 10:1-20 , Ecclesiastes 11:1-10 , Ecclesiastes 12:1-14 , 2 Corinthians 11:16-33
Open Heaven For Teens 20 September 2021 Hymns
ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Open Heaven For Teens 20th September 2021 – Kill It. God bless you!