TOPIC: CARING WITH A GODLY HEART (I)
Fire Scripture: Deut.15:7-15
Caring is a Christian virtue and practical living that stems from a compassionate and loving heart. God is love and everyone that claims to be His children must love and care for their fellow Christians as well as those outside the fold. Right from the time of Adam, God had shown that He cares. He had to take Moses through a humbling experience in order to prepare Him for the divine assignment of leading His people out of bondage in Egypt.
He was shepherding the ﬂock of Jethro in the Midian desert. There he met with the Lord (Exodus 3:1-3). Unknown to him, it was part of the divine package to help him develop a caring heart towards the “stiff-necked” Israelites, his own brethren. Each time they were in need, he cried unto God in prayer for provisions and responses came from heaven to prove the faithfulness of God. Joseph did not fail to care for his brethren in spite of their hostile behaviour towards him in the years past. He took care of them at a time when famine was in the land (Gen. 45).
This is also true of King David, the Psalmist, a man with a kind and compassionate heart. No wonder he is called the man after God’s heart. Though he fell into sin at a time, he was quick to repent and was restored. It is written concerning both himself and Joseph, “that the Lord was with him” at all times. David remembered to show kindness to Mephibosheth, the crippled son of his late friend, Jonathan (2 Sam. 9). Dearly beloved, do you ever stretch your hand of fellowship towards others at any time? (Phil 2:4).
You have so much yet you give away so little (Prov. 11:24-25). You need to turn a new leaf! Caring is not only in giving out money, but also in showing love and affection towards those who have been forsaken and forgotten, the afﬂicted and the oppressed. Remember, you don’t have to be rich to be a care giver. God is looking out for someone who can stand in this position, lighten the burdens of others, bring joy to people’s hearts and smiles to their faces. You can be that person!
MEMORY VERSE: Gal. 6:9 – And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle; show some care, become a channel of blessing to someone.
PROPHETIC WORD: May you be blessed as the Lord uses you to bring smiles to someone’s face today, in Jesus’ name.
HYMN: The King of Love My Shepherd
1. The King of love my Shepherd is,
Whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am His
And He is mine forever.
2. Where streams of living water flow
My ransomed soul He leadeth,
And where the verdant pastures grow
With food celestial feedeth.
3. Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
But yet in love He sought me,
And on His shoulder gently laid,
And home rejoicing bro’t me.
4. In death’s dark vale I fear no ill
With Thee, dear Lord, beside me;
Thy rod and staff my comfort still,
Thy cross before to guide me.
5. Thou spread’st a table in my sight;
Thy unction grace bestoweth:
And O what transport of delight
From thy pure chalice floweth!
6. And so thru all the length of days
Thy goodness faileth never:
Good Shepherd, may I sing Thy praise
Within Thy house forever.
1. O God, arise and deliver me from selfishness and self-centered attitude, in the name of Jesus.
2. Hostility and uncaring attitude, I am not your candidate, jump out of my life, in the name of Jesus.
3. Lord Jesus, help me to see the need of others, in the name of Jesus.
4. Power to love others as Jesus loved, come upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
5. O God, arise and bless me to bless others, in the name of Jesus.
6. Power to be a solution to people’s problems, manifest in my life, in the name of Jesus.
7. I refuse to be a stagnant pond that flows nowhere, in the name of Jesus
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joel 1; Joel 2; Joel 3
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s MFM Devotional 8 September 2021 – Caring With A Godly Heart 1. God bless you!