DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR SEPTEMBER 21, 2022 (YOU ARE PRIVILEGED)
TOPIC: YOU ARE PRIVILEGED
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 1:17-31
17. For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel; not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
22. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom;
23. But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24. But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called;
27. But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28. And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are;
29. That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption;
31. That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
“But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.” – (1 Corinthians 1:27).
Nick Vujicic, an Australian evangelist, was born with an extremely rare congenital disorder known as phocomelia, which is characterised by the absence of legs and arms. While growing up in Melbourne, Australia, he was said to have struggled mentally, emotionally and physically. Today, despite the serious physical limitations, Vujicic is a successful skydiver, painter, swimmer, motivational speaker and has touched many people through evangelism. His life is a wonder to the world!
What some people take as limitations have become points of strength for many others. Perhaps, if Vujicic had been born whole, he might not have become a wonder to the world today. Some people who were born blind, lame, dumb, among other physical limitations, have today embraced the rope of stardom in different fields to the amazement of the world.
God, indeed, chooses what He does and He does it perfectly. He uses those considered weak, despised and insignificant to accomplish great feats. The exploits of men and women, who despite limitations, still accomplish a lot in the society, should be a challenge to every believer. No excuse is tenable before God as a reason for not labouring in His vineyard.
Believers must consider themselves privileged to have been called by the Almighty to be used to spread the gospel of the Kingdom. Paul said, “For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. “ You have no excuse!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Submit yourself to God and watch Him work mightily through you.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: