TOPIC: THE TALENTS AND THE SERVANT
Fire Scripture: Matt. 25:14-30
Outline: Jesus was always using parables to illustrate His teachings. In our Fire Scripture today, the Master divided the talents among his servants, according to their abilities. No one received more or less than he could handle. The talents represent any kind of resources you are endowed with. God gives you time, gifts and other resources according to your ability and expects you to invest them wisely until He returns.
It is not how much you have but how well you use what you have. Your talent is useless unless it is used! You are to use these gifts and talents for the glory of God and not for selﬁsh desires. As the parable of the talents shows, each person will be held accountable for the way he manages God’s resources. The ﬁrst two servants used their talents and, as a result of this, God gave them more.
Whatever you fail to use, you end up losing. But when you use these gifts and talents faithfully, God will commit greater things into your hands. He will accord you greater responsibilities in His kingdom because He can trust you. As a Christian, you have a mission that the Lord expects you to accomplish here on earth. God will give you what you need to accomplish that mission. Just as the master expected his servants to trade with their talents and make proﬁt, God expects you to generate greater returns by using your talents towards productive and proﬁtable end.
As a Christian, you are a steward and God is the Master to whom you are accountable. As a steward, you are expected to manage God’s resources, because they are not your own. Stewardship is not an option, but an obligation for the children of God. If you are faithful with God’s talents, a reward awaits you. It is quite disheartening that many believers have buried their talents while some are even using theirs to serve the devil today.
The Master is coming and He will demand accountability from you. It is not too late, beloved. You can still make amends. My candid advice for you today is to awake from your slumber and fan up your gifts and talents. Put them to use now, and let God be gloriﬁed in your life.
MEMORY VERSE: Luke 19:13 – “And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them “occupy till I come.”
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: Accountability is the hallmark of stewardship. Make a proof of yours.
PROPHETIC WORD: Your labour in God’s vineyard shall not be in vain but to the glory of God, in the name of Jesus.
For My sake and the Gospel’s
1. “For My sake and the Gospel’s, go
And tell Redemption’s story;”
His heralds answer, “Be it so,
And Thine, Lord, all the glory!”
They preach His birth, His life,
His cross, The love of His atonement,
For whom they count the world but loss,
His Easter, His enthronement.!
2. Hark, hark, the trump of Jubilee
Proclaims to every nation,
From pole to pole, by land and sea,
Glad tidings of salvation:
As nearer draws the day of doom,
While still the battle rages,
The heavenly Dayspring, through the gloom
Breaks on the night of ages.
3. Still on and on the anthems spread
Of Hallelujah voices,
In concert with the holy dead
The warrior Church rejoices;
Their snowwhite robes are washed in blood,
Their golden harps are ringing;
Earth, and the Paradise of God,
One triumphsong are singing.
1. I shall not abuse the grace of God upon my life, in the name of Jesus Christ
2. The gifts of God in my life shall not take me to hell fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. O Lord, whenever You are using me for Your glory through the gift you gave me, let me not ascribe glory to myself, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. My talents shall not be buried; I shall profit the kingdom of God with them, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Glory robbers shall not steal the gifts of God in my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. Glory killers, shall not kill my spiritual gifts, in the name of Jesus Christ.
7. Power of Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, redeem and revive all the spiritual gifts, talents and potential in my life, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 42; Ezekiel 43
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s MFM Devotional 6 September 2021 – The Talents and The Servant. God bless you!