MFM DEVOTIONAL FOR 1ST MAY 2022 SUNDAY
Fire Scripture: Ephesians 5:8-21
Pleasing the Father was the preoccupation of Jesus Christ in His earthly ministry. In John 8:29, Jesus said, “He that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.” Romans 15:3a reinforces the same truth.
Beloved, pleasing God ought to be our preoccupation also. How can you, as a believer, please God? Let us answer this all-important question.
First, you must know and agree that a sinner cannot please God. The reason is that sin will draw him away from the presence and will of God. Sin engenders disobedience and everything displeasing to God. So, to please God, you must confess and repent of all your sins. You should abstain from fornication and possess your vessel in sanctification and honour (1 Thessalonians 4:1-7).
Second, a believer who desires to please God must study and obey His word consistently. That is why Jesus went further and said, “If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed” (John 8:31). The Lord’s disciples obey His word continuously and seek to always please Him.
The third way that a believer can please God is by being Spirit-filled and Spirit-led. In Romans 8:8, the Bible affirms that those in the flesh cannot please God. Those in the flesh are carnal, and the Bible says that the flesh profits nothing. Also, in Hebrews 13:16, the Bible further reveals how a believer can please God. It says that you should not forget to do good and to share. It adds that God is pleased with such sacrifices. It means that benevolence is also a means of pleasing God. You should not be stingy.
Finally, for you to please God, you should not be entangled with the affairs of this world. If you are, you will be distracted and be unable to please your Commander, Jesus Christ, in whose army you are a soldier.
I advise that you look into your life and identify anything that is hindering you from pleasing God. Such a thing must be removed from your life. I pray that the good Lord will give you the grace to always please Him.
John 8:29 – “And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.”
Trying to please others before pleasing God is inverting the first and second great commandments.
Today, the grace to live the life that consistently pleases God is yours, in the name of Jesus.
1. Blood of Jesus, wash darkness away from my heart, in the name of Jesus.
2. I bind and cast out the spirit of disobedience to the word of God, in the name of Jesus.
3. I uproot the seed of greediness and covetousness from my soul, by the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
4. Power to please God as Jesus did, enter me now, in the name of Jesus.
5. Power to take up my cross and follow Jesus daily, enter me now, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every character disorder assigned to disqualify me from God’s army, die, in the name of Jesus.
7. Ancestral demonic animal controlling my life, catch fire and burn to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 106 -107