DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR NOVEMBER 29, 2022 (KINGDOM BLESSEDNESS)
TOPIC : “ KINGDOM BLESSEDNESS“
Text: Romans 12:10-21
10. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
11. Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
12. Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
13. Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
14. Bless them which persecute you; bless, and curse not.
15. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink; for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
KEY VERSE: Romans 12:16,18
“Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.” .
Some centuries ago in En gland, a group of unbelievers decided to set up a colony where socialism would be practiced with the ideology of “from each according to his ability, and to each according to his need.”
The noble project did not last because it lacked Christ’s Spirit to propel it into a successful feat.
From the text, Apostle Paul reveals the blessedness of the fellowship of believers who are no longer controlled by the flesh.
As a result of this new nature, there would be love without pretence, and there would be a strong dislike for evil and a powerful desire for only what is good.
The love for each other would expunge class distinctions.
Believers would not spend their time in idleness, but in fervent evangelism.
They would not be moved by tribulations; but rather prepare for the imminent return of their Lord.
The high calling of the Christian is not of this world, which accommodates the philosophies of this earth.
Thus, the brotherhood of the saints is not a name only, but a real tie of tenderness and love; and each, in the spirit of true brotherhood, is to seek the honour of his Christian brother.
If, in our little corner, each sincere follower of Christ is able, by the abundant grace of God, to reflect these sublime Christian virtues, our lifestyles would draw sinners to repentance. We can restore these lost virtues by returning to our first love.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Only Christ can deliver man from hatred and vindictive spirit.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.