DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR DECEMBER 16, 2022 (PREACH MORE THAN BEFORE)
TOPIC : PREACH MORE THAN BEFORE
Text: Revelation 1:1-8
1. The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John;
2. Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein; for the time is at hand.
4. John to the seven churches which are in Asia; Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5. And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6. And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7. Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him; and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
8. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
KEY VERSE: Revelation 1:7
“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.”.
The great preacher F.B. Meyer once asked D.L. Moody (renowned evangelist and preacher), “What is the secret of your success?” Moody replied, “For many years, I have never given an address without the consciousness that the Lord may come before I have finished”.
John, the beloved Apostle, was given the revelations about Jesus Christ and “the things which are, and which shall be hereafter” (Revelation 1:19). The focus was not on the condition of things in the notorious Island of Patmos where he was banished. Rather, his attention was on Christ, our Redeemer, who loved us and purged our sins with His own blood and by whose redemption, we are made “kings and priests unto God and his Father”. He spoke about the imminent return of Jesus Christ to set up the millennial kingdom, where we shall reign with Him on earth.
Presently, the Church is waiting to be raptured. During the marriage supper of the Lamb, the world will pass through a period of intense and unprecedented suffering, described in Scriptures as the great tribulation. Thereafter, Christ will return again with the saints and angels to restore the earth and rule for a thousand years.
Everyone needs to get ready for the return of Christ. The best way to prepare is to look up to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. His arms are open wide, waiting for penitent souls to receive. As children of God, we should respond swiftly to rescue sinners around us; we should be moved to offer the message of salvation, God’s love and redemption to them.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The gospel is the power of God for man’s salvation.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.
Leave a Reply