DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR NOVEMBER 19, 2022 (NO EXCUSE)
TOPIC: NO EXCUSE
TEXT: John 3:14-21
14. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up;
15. That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18. He that believeth on him is not condemned; but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
20. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
“He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” – (John 3:18).
A man is never so “fit for believing” as when, in himself, he is most unfit. It is unfitness not fitness that is really required. What is fitness for being washed? Filth and filth alone. What is fitness for receiving alms? Poverty, abject need. What is fitness for receiving pardon? Guilt and only guilt.
If you are guilty, if you are black with sin, if you are foul, you have all the fitness that is required. So, come and find in Jesus Christ all that meets your greatest and most urgent need. If you are never saved until you, an unpardoned sinner, have all objections answered, you will never be saved, because there are a thousand objections to the salvation of any man, which can only be met by the blood of Jesus.
The text today tells us of the love of God for the world exhibited by giving His only begotten Son to be crucified on the cross for the salvation of the world. Simple faith in the atonement of Christ will give everlasting life, but those who do not believe condemn themselves.
Daily, we are confronted with the challenge of taking decisions. Some are minor and routine decisions, which require not much thoughtfulness to make because they have no far-reaching consequences. Others are more critical, major decisions, which require promptness, decisiveness as well as clear understanding and appreciation of their consequences. The latter includes the decision of your faith.
Dear reader, what if you are to reach the end of your life’s journey tonight, where will you spend eternity? You condemn yourself if you do not believe in the Son of God and the atonement by His blood. Why still halt between two opinions? Come just as you are – dirty, filthy and guilty. Jesus has not come to condemn anyone but to save sinners. You have no excuse not to be saved.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
You condemn yourself by not believing in Christ.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 16-17
Leave a Reply