Topic: Superior & Perfect Sacrifice
Opening Prayer: Grant me grace dear Lord to apply what you will teach me today as I read this passage.
Scripture: Hebrews 9:23-28
Question(s) for Reflection
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
Though we may not fully understand why and how things in the heavenly Sanctuary were purified by the sacrifice which Christ offered, one thing that we can understand is that His sacrifice is superior to those offered by human priesthood and accomplished that which the earthly sacrifices could not (vs.23-24).
Read vs.25- 28 again and take note of some ways Christ’s sacrifice is superior to the old sacrifices. These include the following: ? It is heavenly. ? It is by the blood of Christ Himself, not the blood of animals. ? Its blessings are eternal, not temporary. ? It is perfect, never to be repeated. ? It removes sins permanently. ? It is for all mankind. What can we learn from vs.27-28 about the coming judgment?
Many people today do not want to hear about Christ as Saviour of the world, not to talk of Him as Judge. But as sure as death, so is judgment for all men. His sacrifice qualifies Him to be the Saviour and the Judge of the world (cf. 2 Corinthians 5:10; Acts17:30-31).
• What Next? Ensure to amend the areas of your life that make you uncomfortable about Christ’s return to judge the world.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your perfect sacrifice which purchased my redemption. Help me never to take it for granted. • Pray for CAPRO, CMF and other missionary organizations for provisions and fruitful missions.
Offer a Prayer of Faith in Line with
• 1 Kings 12-13; Matt. 9:1-17
Scripture Union Daily Guide 17th May 2021. Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.