ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR NOVEMBER 27, 2022 (AN UNENDING DEBT)
TOPIC : ” AN UNENDING DEBT”
8. Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
9. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if [there is] any other commandment, are [all] summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
10. Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.
11. And [do] this, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation [is] nearer than when we [first] believed.
12. The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
13. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.
14. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to [fulfill its] lusts.
STUDY: Our elementary principles of financial freedom and fiscal responsibility teach us to refrain from being debtors, and to live within our means. In other words, we are told not to sew our coat according to our size but according to our cloth.
As believers, the Scripture also enjoins us to owe no man anything, BUT LOVE.
This “love” for one another is the summation of the second part of the commandments. It is on the basis of love for our neighbours that we will refrain from committing adultery, stealing, killing, bearing false witness and coveting what belongs to our others.
Therefore, our life with humanity can only be certified by heaven if it is powered by or anchored on love. As we commemorate the coming of our Saviour in this season of Advent, let us be reminded that it was love that brought Him down.
And without this love, our reunion with Him in the hereafter will be truncated.
PRAYER: Lord, make me a dispenser of love; and may I never cease loving.
The Anglican Communion is the fourth-largest Christian denomination. Founded in 1867 in London, England, the communion currently has 85 million members within the Church of England and other national and regional churches in full communion.
Leave a Reply