ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FEBRUARY 12, 2023 (JESUS HAS POWER TO FORGIVE SINS)
TOPIC; ”JESUS HAS POWER TO FORGIVE SINS”
TEXT: Mark 2:1-12(NKJV)
1. And again He entered Capernaum after [some] days, and it was heard that He was in the house.
2. Immediately many gathered together, so that there was no longer room to receive [them,] not even near the door. And He preached the word to them.
3. Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four [men.]
4. And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying.
5. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.”
6. And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts,
7. “Why does this [Man] speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
8. But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, “Why do you reason about these things in your hearts?
9. “Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘[Your] sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’?
10. “But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins” — He said to the paralytic,
11. “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”
12. Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw [anything] like this!”
Sexagesima is two Sundays before Lent. Our Bible reading today reveals that some sicknesses are a result of sin while some are not (John 9:1-4). Forgiveness of sin paves way for healing and that is why Jesus told the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you”, The Scribes thought that Jesus was speaking blasphemy knowing that it is only God that can forgive sins.
Jesus challenged them and healed the paralytic. Jesus saw the faith of the paralytic’s four friends who noticed the crowd, went to great lengths to let their friend down at Jesus’ feet. They were not disappointed. They refused to see the crowd as an obstacle. They were undaunted and indomitable. They believed in the God who makes a way where there seems to be no way.
The Lord had mercy on the paralytic and commanded him to pick up his bed and walk and he went home healed! Are you carrying a load of sin? Come to Jesus for forgiveness. Are you sick?
Christ can heal you today if you come to Him. In whatever situation you are right now, the Lord will grant you an open door of healing in Jesus’ name. Amen. Just call on Him!
PRAYER: Thank you Lord for forgiving my sins and healing my infirmities.
The Anglican Communion is the fourth-largest Christian denomination. Founded in 1867 in London, England, the communion currently has 85 million members within the Church of England and other national and regional churches in full communion.
Leave a Reply