ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DAILY DEVOTIONAL October 10, 2021 (Doing The Father’s Will)
TOPIC: Doing The Father’s Will
TEXT: Matthew 21:28-32(NKJV)
28. ” But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go, work today in my vineyard.’
29. “He answered and said, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he regretted it and went.
30. “Then he came to the second and said likewise. And he answered and said, ‘I [go,] sir,’ but he did not go.
“Which of the two did the will of [his] father?” They said to Him, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.
“For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him; but tax collectors and harlots believed him; and when you saw [it,] you did not afterward relent and believe him.
The Parable of the Two Sons which we read has a lot to teach us including:
1. The need to understand that God has sent every believer to
work in His vineyard;
2 God has no pleasure in people accepting to do something
and not fulfil it, like the first son;
3 The second son was commended because he later obeyed
his father’s injunction even though he first refused;
4. To begin the heavenly race is one thing and to complete it is another. Completing the race is what God desires and what benefits the believer.
Beloved, which service are you rendering to expand the kingdom of God? Do you accept a post in the church/fellowship without accomplishing the corresponding service? It is very dangerous to do so. Let us therefore do the work of God while it is day for night cometh when no man can work (Jn.9:4).
PRAYER: Lord, please help me to fulfil any promises I make You. Amen.
Quote of the Day: “Through You we will push down our enemies; through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us. For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me. But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us. In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever.” (Psalm 44:5)
Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 10 October 2021 Message. The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.