SCRIPTURE UNION DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR SEPTEMBER 10, 2022 (A PROMISED RULER FROM BETHLEHEM)
TOPIC: A PROMISED RULER FROM BETHLEHEM
Opening Prayer: May my heart, O Lord, be receptive to your word as I meditate on it.
Scripture: Micah 5:1‐15
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, or God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• What truth is God revealing to me in this passage?
This passage is a prophecy of judgment and salvation: from a helpless ruler to an ideal king; a present bad situation to something better. A look at v.1 shows the judgment of Israel’s king, which was fulfilled when Jerusalem was overrun by the Babylonians. The king was captured, his eyes were removed and he was taken to Babylon (2 Kings 25:5‐7).
The ideal King will deliver His people from their enemies and gather them as remnant from among many nations (vs.6‐9) and will destroy their physical weapons and idols (vs.10‐15). In the messianic era, the people of God will not depend on weapons of war or pagan idols. They will achieve success always by depending on the Lord.
And so: Christ’s greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. In which way are you contributing to establishing His Kingdom?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Oh Lord, may your kingdom come, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Prayer for the week
• Pray for Christians who are married that they will be alert against the whiles of the enemy. Pray against conflicts and the thoughts of divorce knowing that God hates divorce. Pray for forgiveness and healing of hurts as they pray for one another.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
1 Chronicles 16:10 ‐ 12; Ezekiel 34‐36
Leave a Reply