TOPIC: MAKE WORSHIP SYSTEMATIC AND HABITUAL
Dear Lord, make me more like you through the power of your word as I meditate on it.
Scripture: 1 Chronicles 16:23-43
Question(s) for Reflection:
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
David concludes his hymn of thanksgiving by calling all to glorify God who is great and greatly to be praised (v.25). What are the other attributes of God (vs.27-29)? Note also, that other created things on earth and in the sky and seas are to praise Him (vs.30-35). David realised that thanksgiving and praises are not supposed to be something we do occasionally when we are celebrating victories but should rather be a daily affair.
Thus, he put in place a system of regular, daily and continuous worship and praise of God before the Ark in Jerusalem (v.37) and retaining the sacrifices at the tabernacle at Gibeon (vs.39-40). Read v.40 again. How does offering sacrifices morning and evening apply to us today?
Note also that the worship was not to be done haphazardly or frivolously but according to all that is written in the law of God. Observe David’s priestly role to his family (v.43b). As we fellowship with one another and with God, He commands His blessings on us. Like David, we should be sources of God’s blessing to one another.
• So:How consistent are you in your time with God? What are the things competing with your time of fellowship with Him?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Ask God to help you to maintain a consistent time of fellowship with Him.
• Ask the Lord to go ahead of you into the coming week and make your way smooth and safe.
Prayer For The Week:
Pray for Nigeria youths, their involvement in social media, employment for the graduates among them and the SU vision of “one youth one skill” project to reduce unemployment among them.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Num. 29-31; Matt. 3