Topic: Mark The Sighing Men
Opening Prayer: May the meditation of my heart be acceptable unto you, O Lord as I read from your word.
Scripture: Ezekiel 9:1-11
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit? • Is there any warning for me to heed?
Read v.9 again and compare it to what is happening in your nation today? Is God’s impending judgment not justified? Is it not a graphic description of many nations of the world today, especially the Continent of Africa!
With injustice, murder and fragrant disregard for the rule of law and decorum by the ruling class. God enlisted the services of six men to carry out His special assignment (vs.1-5).
He also specifically called the man clothed with linen, who had the writer’s inkhorn at his side, to go through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over the abomination done in the city (vs.3b-4; cf. Exodus 12:21-23; Revelation 7:3). This preceded the killing of the wicked by the men carrying the battle-axes (vs.5-6). Who does this special man represent?
Are you weeping and sighing for the ills in your city or are you part of it? Our God is watching each of us. The day of reckoning is near and certain. Take note of Proverbs 29:1. God will always send out warnings before He destroys any wicked generation (cf. Genesis 19:12-14; Exodus 12:12-13). Do you have the mark of the Lamb on you?
• So what? Are you too deeply grieving and lamenting for the wickedness in the land?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Pray for those yet to receive the mark of the Lamb. Weep for the abomination by terrorists/kidnappers, ritualists and those politicians who steal from the national purse.
• Pray for revival of Christians to personal witnessing and that the witness of the Church worldwide will never be muffled; pray for Church budgets to reflect Kingdom priorities.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Hebrews 13:5; Deut. 4-6; Acts 2:1-21
Scripture Union Daily Guide 28th June 2021. Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God