SCRIPTURE UNION DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR FEBUARY 3,2023 (JESUS AND HIS GUESTS)
TOPIC : JESUS AND HIS GUESTS
Opening Prayer: Oh Lord, grant me divine guidance as I read and meditate on your word in Jesus’s name.
Scripture: Mark 6:30-44
Question(s) for Reflection
• Q 1: What does the passage teach about God the Father, or God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Q 7: What truth is God revealing to me in this passage?
Among many lessons to learn from today’s passage, observe three in particular:
1. The importance Jesus placed on quietness, solitude, and contemplation (vs.30-31). The Church of God is becoming too noisy nowadays in her worship activities. While singing aloud accompanied by clapping of hands during worship is not evil, we must acknowledge that God is not always in the winds, earthquakes, and fire (1 Kings 19:11-13). Jesus desires to meet with us in a secret place on a daily, regular basis (Matthew 6:5-6).
2. Resources management: Similar to His servants today, Jesus did not always have everything in abundance in His earthly ministry. He depends on our contribution to support His work. Your contribution can go a long way to help the needy and support missionaries all over the world. Never hold back your treasure under the excuse they are too small. If the five loaves and two fishes could feed five thousand men and their families (v.44, NLT), you can never imagine what a blessing yours can be to many people.
3. The leftovers were well managed, that nothing be wasted. We cry over lack of food and money around us whereas post-harvest losses continue to increase on the harvest fields and in our homes. How can we minimise waste so we can cater for more needy people in our communities?
So What? How wise are you in managing your resources? Pray for grace to be a faithful steward of the resources God has committed to you.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Mark 10:16
One Year Bible Reading Plan
Exodus 11,12, Psalms 30
Thanks for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 3 February 2023 | Devotional
Leave a Reply