TOPIC: FOCUS ON THE SECOND COMING
OPENING PRAYER: Help me dear Lord to meet with you as I meditate on your word in Jesus name
Scripture: 2 Peter 3:11-18
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
Recall the challenge from v.10 of yesterday’s passage. If indeed we are awaiting the return of our Lord in His glory to take us home, how should that reflect in the way we live each day NOW? This is the focus of the final section of Peter’s letter. There are three signs that will show we are truly looking forward to the return of the Lord:
1. Live holy lives (v.11). The Lord is returning to rapture His saints. It is true we are saved by grace not by works but, we are saved to do good works (Ephesians 2:10). We must ‘produce fruit in keeping with repentance’ (Luke 3:8). Keep your lamp burning.
2. Be on your guard (v.17). Peter has clearly highlighted the danger posed by false teachers. We must not fall prey to their diversionary teachings and then fail to go home with the Lord when He returns.
3. Grow (v.18). The first two demands depend fully on the third. We must grow in grace, total dependence on God. We cannot live a holy life in our power. But we must also grow in our knowledge of God’s word. It is only as we meditate on God’s word daily that we can readily identify false doctrines and avoid falling prey to them.
• Thought: Read your Bible, pray every day if you want to grow.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Pray for grace to keep growing towards God and in the knowledge of His word.
• Pray for your Pastor and other Church leaders to be effective in ministry: clarity of message, courage to be scriptural, power of the Holy Spirit and exemplary life style
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Psalms 129-131; 2 Cor. 9
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 30 August 2021 – Focus On The Second Coming. God bless you!