TOPIC: DETERMINATION PAYS
Bible Reading: Mark 10:46-52
46. And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging.
47. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.
48. And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou son of David, have mercy on me.
49. And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee.
50. And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus.
51. And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.
52. And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.
Memorise: And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. – Matthew 11:12
I am sure blind Bartimaeus set out in the morning of the day he gained his sight to beg for alms as usual then retire home. Therefore, when he heard that Jesus was passing by, he must have had high hopes and seized the opportunity to change his story. The people shut him up when he cried out but because he had heard of miracles done by Jesus, he was determined to experience a turnaround that day.
Nothing stopped him from shouting until he got Jesus attention and the same people who told him to keep quiet initially later said “Be of good comfort, rise; He calleth thee” (Mark 10:49 ).Any teenager who wants to reach his/her goal must not be easily discouraged. My child, life is loaded with many blessings, yet, clogged with several obstacles that only a determined fellow can pull through.
What are the obstacles on your path to success? Is it laziness, social media, lack of understanding, lack of funds, lack of support et cetera? Today, the Lord will teach you how to overcome them in Jesus’ name.
Pursue your goals with prayer and hard work until you attain success.
Bible in One Year Ecclesiastes 7:1-29 , Ecclesiastes 8:1-17 , Ecclesiastes 9:1-18 , 2 Corinthians 11:1-33
I’M PRESSING ON THE UPWARD WAY
1. I’m pressing on
the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet
on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy
and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet
on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise
and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell
where these abound,
My constant aim
is higher ground.
3. Beyond the mist
I fain would rise,
To rest beneath
Above earth’s turmoil
peace is found
By those who dwell
on higher ground.
4. I long to scale
the utmost height,
Though rough the way,
and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall
Lord lead me on
to higher ground.
5. Lord lead me up
the mountain side,
I dare not climb
without my Guide;
And heaven gained,
I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher
Thanks for reading Open Heaven For Teens 19th September 2021 | Determination Pays by Pastor E. A. Adeboye.