TOPIC: SHARE YOUR MEAL
Read: Joshua 6:8-13
8. And it came to pass, when Joshua had spoken unto the people, that the seven priests bearing the seven trumpets of rams’ horns passed on before the LORD, and blew with the trumpets: and the ark of the covenant of the LORD followed them.
9. And the armed men went before the priests that blew with the trumpets, and the rearward came after the ark, the priests going on, and blowing with the trumpets.
10. And Joshua had commanded the people, saying, Ye shall not shout, nor make any noise with your voice, neither shall any word proceed out of your mouth, until the day I bid you shout; then shall ye shout.
11. So the ark of the LORD compassed the city, going about it once: and they came into the camp, and lodged in the camp.
12. And Joshua rose early in the morning, and the priests took up the ark of the LORD.
13. And seven priests bearing seven trumpets of rams’ horns before the ark of the LORD went on continually, and blew with the trumpets: and the armed men went before them; but the rearward came after the ark of the LORD, the priests going on, and blowing with the trumpets.
Memorise: Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews 13:2
One story that kept me going as a younger Christian was about Christians who were locked up in prison and persecuted for their faith. They were fed with two slices of bread daily. Amongst the prisoners were an elderly man and a young boy. Each time the young boy got his ration, he was so hungry that it was never enough. However, whenever the elderly man got his, he broke one slice into two and gave half to the boy.
The little boy in today’s Bible reading could have saved his lunch for the next day or better still, given it to Jesus to gain recognition and also take a selfie with Jesus because He was the most influential guy in town then, but he didn’t do that. Andrew the disciple, must have explained why his lunch was needed and he willingly let it go to feed thousands of people.
My dear, God will bring some teenagers your way so you can share your things with them; don’t just pray with them, share your food with them. Understand that God blesses you so that you can be a blessing to others.
Point: Think of someone in need today and meet that need.
Bible in One Year: Psalms 142:1-7, 143:1-12, 144:1-15
ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!
Thanks for reading Today’s RCCG Open Heaven for Teens 30th August 2021 Monday. Please share this with other people.