Open Heaven Devotional 9th March 2023 (Thursday)
Welcome to Today’s RCCG Open Heaven Daily Devotional for Thursday 9 March 2023, written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, General Overseer, The Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG.
DO YOU KNOW THAT? Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye was born 2 March 1942, he is a Nigerian pastor and General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God. He’s known for teaching and is the author of OPEN HEAVEN.
TOPIC: IN HIS PRESENCE
“Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.” (Psalm 16:11)
READ: Psalm 24:3-6 (KJV)
Open Heaven Devotional 9th March 2023 MESSAGE:
The presence of the Most High God is the best place anyone can be in. Those who spend time in His presence are always in control of life’s situations rather than the other way round. Elijah was just coming from the presence of God in 1 Kings 17 when he commanded that there should be no rain or dew for three years and it was so. If you want to be in control, then what you really need is to be in God’s presence. It’s a good thing we have the criteria required for you to be in God’s presence listed in our Bible reading for today. They are as follows:
1. You must have clean hands. In (2 Corinthians 6:17?), God said: “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.” You have to be careful what you touch with your hands. I’ve always told my children to be careful what they sign. If a report is wrong or misleading, don’t append your signature. Don’t steal, don’t manipulate reports; watch what your hand touches.
2. Your heart must be pure. Matthew 5:8 says: “Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.” Be careful of what you let into your heart and what you meditate upon if you truly want to dwell in His presence.
- Daily Gospel Reflections for 8th March 2023 (Wednesday)
- John Hagee Devotional 7 March 2023 – Tuesday
3. Your heart must not be lifted up to vanity. Colossians 3:1-3 says: “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.” You must regularly check what motivates you to do what you do. Are you driven by material or spiritual things? (1 John 2:15?) says you should not love the world or things of the world, that if you love the world then the love of the Father is not in you.
4. You must not be a liar. Revelation 22:15? made it clear: “For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” If you are a liar or someone who takes part in the benefits of other people’s lies, God will keep you outside His presence.
Based on the list discussed today, are you qualified to be in God’s presence? If not, make amends today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Hymn 10 – In Christ alone