Topic: SERVANT LEADERS
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ps 106, Ps 107
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 1 Pet. 5:2-5
MEMORY VERSE: Mark 10:43
But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: The servant leader is a selfless personality with a large heart to accommodate others and make them better persons.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY: The Lord God Almighty shall baptise you with the spirit of true and genuine servant-leader, in the name of Jesus.
Jesus’ discussion about service with His followers, as recorded in Mark 10:35- 45, was not the first that He had with His disciples. But even now as He prepared for His death, He found it necessary to go over it one more time because His disciples were arguing over who had the most significant ministry.
A good leader knows the way, shows the way, and goes the way (1 Pet. 5: 2 – 3; Philemon 8 – 14). In each instance, Jesus, Peter and Paul were addressing the people in leadership. They were giving a different way to lead, one that gives followers room to grow, make decisions and respond to the will of God and leadership out of a willing heart.
These men understood that as the adage goes, “A man convinced against his will remains a man unconvinced” (1Kings 19:9 – 20). Elijah, armed with the word of the Lord, did not use that word to hit Elisha over the head. He just touched him with it, leaving room for Elisha to determine on his own what had happened and what his response was to be.
Here are some good qualities and godly characteristics that are worthy of emulation to upcoming Christian leaders. These include having a vision to serve selflessly, serving for the benefit of others and having a healthy interpersonal relationship with followers (James 15:14 – 15).
Leading is a way of reproducing oneself as Jesus did (John 14:2). Above all, leave a godly legacy that these followers are able to pass on to others. To ignore warnings is to ignore one’s safety. Are you a leader in whatever capacity God has placed you? Do you desire to become one?
Servant-leadership quality is what you should covet and imbibe. It is the hallmark of Jesus’ kind of leadership. It is that kind of leadership that endures through generations.
However, don’t forget that it will start and end with deep manifestation of the very worthy attributes of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Master.
1. I receive the spirit of selfless service to mankind, in the name of Jesus Christ.2. The habitation of pride in my life, die now, in the name of Jesus Christ.3. Holy Spirit, clothe me with the garment of humility, in the name of Jesus Christ
4. Lord, help me and deliver me from the spirit of hypocrisy, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. My position in the vineyard of God shall not lead me to hell, in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. Oil of success in whatever God has committed into my hand, fall on me now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
7. The grace and authority of ease to follow after Jesus Christ, fall on me now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Mountain Top Life Is a Daily Devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (general Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)