Topic: How To Go To Hell
Isaiah 5: 14-19
2 Thess. 1:9 – “Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power.”
Today’s devotional is a serious food for thought. Hell is the opposite of heaven. Hell and heaven are the final destinations for all who dwell on earth. You only have one chance to decide whether to go to hell or heaven. This one chance is your current life.
Hell was not created for man. It was created for the devil and his rebellious angels forever. It is therefore sad to know that some human beings are joining the devil in hell. Luke 16:23 records a man’s experience in hellfire: “And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments…”
Note that the Bible says, ‘torments.’ This suggests that there are levels of torments, afflictions and pain in hell. This is not a place you want to spend eternity. There are many ways to go to hell. This short devotional cannot exhaust all of them.
What you must know is that hell keeps expanding to accommodate those who want to go there. It is always open to accommodate both careful and careless transgressors:
· Those who seek to please their flesh rather than discipline themselves to please God.
· Those who are filthy, unholy and divinely detestable.
· Those who are fearful and lack the courage to do what God wants them to do.
· Those who worship idols. I want you to note that anything you focus on outside the will and purpose of God is an idol.
· Those who rebel against the authority of God established over their lives through spiritual and physical instructions.
· Those who commit sexual immorality of any form.
· Those who are unthankful to God.
· Those who pamper their weaknesses
· Those who reject Jesus as their Lord and Saviour
. · All liars.
The thermometer to gauge where you are going from here is the level of your compliance to the commandments of God.
Those who sin die. Those who die in their sins will have satan as their father forever.
The devil shall not write the last chapter of the story of your life, in the name of Jesus.
Take Me, O my father
Take me, O my Father, take me!
Take me, save me, thro’ Thy Son;
That which Thou wouldest have me,
Let Thy will in me be done.
Long from Thee my footsteps straying,
Thorny proved the way I trod;
Weary come I now, and praying,
Take me to Thy love, my God!
Fruitless years with grief recalling,
Humbly I confess my sin;
At Thy feet, O Father, falling,
To Thy household take me in.
Freely now to Thee I proffer
This repenting heart of mine;
Freely life and soul I offer,
Gift unworthy of love like Thine.
Once the world’s Redeemer or dying
Bare our sins upon the tree;
On what Sacrifice relying,
Now I look in hope to Thee:
Father, take me I all forgiving,
Fold me to Thy loving breast;
In Thy for ever living,
I must be for ever blest
1. Every foothold of the devil in my life, wither, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every agent of darkness monitoring my life for evil, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. O God, be the Lord in my life, in the name of Jesus.
4. With the sword of fire, I cut off the head of any Goliath assigned against me, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every coven of witchcraft assigned to trouble my star, be demolished by thunder fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every court of darkness delivering any judgement to send me to hell, be nullified by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every accommodation being arranged for me in hellfire, scatter by thunder, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
MFM Daily Devotional 16th June 2021. The Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) is a Pentecostal denomination founded in Yaba, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria in 1989, now with churches in several countries. It was founded by Daniel Kolawole Olukoya.