Fire Scripture: Luke 7:11-17
Luke 7:13 – “And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her and said unto her, Weep not.”
Instead of wiping away your tears, wipe away those who make you cry.
No more pain, no more sorrow and no more tears in your life, in the name of Jesus.
Yesterday, we looked at some conditions and situations that can make a person to weep and also the promises of God to put smiles on our faces and put an end to our unpleasant situations. In our Fire Scripture today, we read about a widow in a city called Nain. This widow’s situation was serious. She had lost her husband, and now her only son had died – her last means of support.
Her situation looked hopeless and this must have led to her being so discouraged. But to the glory of God, she met Jesus who had compassion on her. Beloved, whatever you might be passing through now, never allow discouragement to set in because discouragement is a destroyer. Discouragement sees the obstacle but faith sees the way out. When you are discouraged, what you are saying is that God cannot help you.
The spies sent to the Promised Land saw giants and the sons of Anakim and they got discouraged. They had forgotten so soon the mighty power of God that brought them out of Egypt. They called themselves grasshoppers and they died in the wilderness like grasshoppers. Only two people who refused to be discouraged with what they saw, the giants, entered the Promised Land. These were Joshua and Caleb. Discouragement sees the darkest night but faith sees the appearance of the day.
Beloved, discouragement is a sin; it is doubting God. Encourage yourself in the Lord as David did in the Bible. Make up your mind today that you will not give in to discouragement, doubt, fear, despair, grumbling, complaining and shedding of tears of sorrow. Look unto Jesus who said, “Weep no more.” Your morning of joy is here. Claim it and it will be yours. But how can
1. By fire, by thunder, O Lord, arise and disgrace my confusion, in the name of Jesus.
2. Witchcraft agent of my father’s house, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. My helpers in captivity, come out by fire, in the name of Jesus.
4. Every bird of darkness holding vigil against me, die, in the name of Jesus.
5. Witchcraft agent of my mother’s house, die, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every battle against my destiny from my foundation, die, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every architect of affliction from my foundation, die, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Ezekiel 40; Ezekiel 41