MFM MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR SEPTEMBER 23, 2022 (THE CHRISTIAN LEADER)
TOPIC: THE CHRISTIAN LEADER
Fire Scripture: 1 Peter 5:2–10
1 Peter 5:2 “Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind.”
Lead the way according the mind and will of God.
God will make you an exemplary leader in this generation, in the name of Jesus.
A leader is someone with a magnet in his heart and a compass in his head. A Christian leader is one that has the love of God in his heart. A Christian leader serves his flock in love and sincerity. A shepherd ought not to lord over God’s heritage, but be a good example to his flock (1 Peter 5:2, 3). To be a Christian leader, you need to grow in God’s love daily else you will forsake the flock that Christ has entrusted to you.
No leader can function effectively without passion for his followers. It is the passion that keeps you going even in the days of adversity. In John 10:29, Jesus said that none can pluck His sheep out of His Father’s hands. That is how much a shepherd should guard his flock. John 4:34 says, “Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.”
A Christian leader builds capacity to be able to defend, protect and feed his flock. Anyone whom God has appointed to lead His people is expected to take up the responsibility with all seriousness. A leader has been given followers by God to direct them in the path that God has ordained for them. Jesus’ focus was to finish the work which He was sent to the world to do.
Every Christian leader will give account of the flock assigned to him. God said to Ezekiel in chapter 3:20-21, “Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
1. Power to be a good leader, come upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
2. I will not mislead my flock, in the name of Jesus.
3. Grace to finish the work of God gloriously, overshadow my life now, in the name of Jesus.
4. Every attack against the oil of leadership upon my head, receive confusion, in the name of Jesus.
5. Arrows of backwardness attacking my ministry, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Wolves in the midst of my sheep, catch fire and burn to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
7. Powers assigned to use my flock against me, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Neh 8; Neh 9; Neh 10