MFM MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR OCTOBER 22, 2023 (THE POWER OF CRYING OUT)
TOPIC : THE POWER OF CRYING OUT
Memory Verse: Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Motivational Quote: A closed mouth is a closed destiny.
Prophetic word for today: As you cry out, your cry shall put a brake on heaven to attend to your case, in the name of Jesus.
Fire Scripture: Psalm 56:1-9
Praise & Worship
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 43 – 44; Romans 2-3
Throughout history, believers have cried to God in times of distress. Sometimes after years and years of praying, a single cry brings direction or deliverance instantly. It is interesting to know, looking at the Bible, that such powerful results come from crying out to God. Therefore, throughout scriptures, if you are a good Bible reader, believers are instructed to cry out to God in times of trouble. Let us see a few examples.
Shout this scripture loud and clear: When I cry out unto thee, then shall my enemies turn back; this I know, for God is for me. To cry out means to implore with a strong voice. That blind man at Jericho, Bartimaeus, did not pray his prayers. He cried the prayers there and Jesus said, “Receive thy sight.”
Crying to God is an act of desperation and total concentration. It is a fervent expression of faith and trust in His goodness and ability to answer on your behalf. It exhibits genuine humility. It means you are unconditionally surrendered to God. It is a plea for mercy. It is telling God, “I am helpless; you must help me now.” It is faith in God’s power. Remember Peter at the sea when he was sinking, he cried out. “Lord help me!” And that cry drew Jesus’ attention to him. So a desperate cry is the need of the hour in our prayers. The Psalmist declared, “In my distress I called upon the Lord and cried unto my God: He heard me out of His temple; and my cry came before Him, even to His ears” (Psalm 18:6).
The Bible is filled with examples of people who cried to God and got results:
(1) Elijah prayed in 1 Kings 2 and a dead child came back to life.
(2) Jehoshaphat cried to God and God delivered him from death in 2 Chronicles 18.
(3) Hezekiah cried to God and the Lord gave him victory in 2 Chronicles 32.
(4) The disciples of Jesus cried to Him in a storm and Jesus calmed the sea.
(5) Blind Bartimaeus cried to Jesus and Jesus came to his help. Beloved, you have a mouth, you have a weapon.
MFM DAILY PRAYER POINTS 22ND OCTOBER 2023
1. Every seat of judgement in my spouse’s house, break, in the name of Jesus.
2.Blood of Jesus, heal me bone to bone, flesh to flesh, in the name of Jesus.
3. Serpents and scorpions in my place of work, burn to ashes, in the name of Jesus.
4. My Father, anything that needs to be a casualty in my life, make it a casualty, in the name of Jesus.
5.I break the curse of every necromancer upon my life, in the name of Jesus.
6.I cut off the tongue of any power cursing my advancement, in the name of Jesus.
7. O God, arise and let the wickedness of the wicked against my life die, in the name of Jesus.
Mountain Top Life Is a Daily Devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)