MFM MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR DECEMBER 17, 2022 (THE POWER OF UNITY IV)
TOPIC: THE POWER OF UNITY (IV)
Fire Scripture: Matthew 18:18-20
We have learnt about the causes of unity and some of its negative effects. Today, we will consider the fruits of unity. The first fruit of unity is that it makes it possible for people to work together for a common goal. Amos 3:3 says, “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” Marriage, career, ministry, friendship, partnership and collaborations will not yield the right dividend if the partners involved are not united in purpose and going in the same direction.
Matthew 18:19-20 further underscores an important benefit of unity, “Where two or three are gathered in my name, There I am in the midst of them.” It shows that the Lord loves and encourages unity among the brethren. Similarly, on the day of Pentecost, the Bible affirms that there was an atmosphere of unity that marked the arrival or descent of the Blessed Holy Spirit. The Bible says that the disciples were all with one accord in one place (Acts 2:1).
In Philippians 1:27, Paul enjoined us to stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel. The second fruit of unity is that it produces strength. There is strength in unity. Those who are united will stand, upheld by the hand of the Almighty while those who are divided will fall. In Judges 20:11, the Bible records that the army of Israel were gathered against the city of the Benjamites and were knit or united together as one man.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 and 12 says, “Two are better than one… for if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow. If one prevail against him, two shall withstand the foe and a three-fold cord is not… broken.” The third dividend of unity is called the good fruit of united outreach. In Acts 2:1-2 and 41, the believers were all with one accord in one place and they were filled with the Holy Spirit. In addition, they witnessed and 3,000 souls were saved.
Prophetic Word For Today 14 December 2022 | Wednesday
December 14, 2022 Your Daily Bible Verse for Wednesday
John Hagee Devotional 14 December 2022 – Wednesday
14 December 2022 UCB Word For Today Devotional
Dr. Charles Stanley In Touch Devotional for 14 December 2022
Acts 2:1 – “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.”
We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.
The Almighty God will make the Church one body, working together unitedly, in the name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINTS: MORNING
1. Father, plant the tree of unity in Your Church and let it bear fruits, in the name of Jesus.
2. Father, help the Church to strive together for the faith of the gospel, in the name of Jesus.
3. Prince of peace, arise and bless my nation with peace, in the name of Jesus.
4. Let the counsel of the enemy for the Church of Christ come to nought, in the name of Jesus.
5. Let the purpose of God for the Church of God be fulfilled, in the name of Jesus.
6. Agenda of satan for Christian children, teenagers and youths, die, in the name of Jesus.
7. Father, make Christian children to be like olive plants all around their parents’ tables, in the name of Jesus.
Bible In One Year
Leave a Reply