Topic: HOW TO BE YOUR BROTHER’S KEEPER (I) ”
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ps. 81, Ps. 88, Ps. 92, Ps. 93
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Luke 10:29-36
MEMORY VERSE: Matthew 9:36
But when he saw the multitude he was moved with compassions on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: Whosoever loves His brother lives in the light.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY: The Lord will empower you to be your brother’s keeper, in the name of Jesus.
Our Fire Scripture for today reveals a story that Jesus narrated to communicate the truth to us about being our brother’s keeper in the midst of challenging situations in life. The story in the text reveals a surprising trajectory because the people that were in the position to help the man that was attacked by robbers did not help him.
A priest ignored him, a Levite too, but a Samaritan rescued him from his ordeal. The Bible did not tell us about the nativity of the man that fell among the robbers, but it says the man journeyed from Jerusalem.
There is a probability that he was a Jew. The priest and the Levites were supposed to be Jews, yet they ignored him. It was the Samaritan who was supposed to show a sign of hatred towards a Jew that saved the man.
Is this biblical incident, not playing out among Christians today? It is. A Christian ignores another Christian in trouble, and it is an unbeliever that sometimes rises up to the occasion and provides succour for the Christian. We are the body of Christ. We should feel the pain and agony of our fellow Christians.
Anytime you don’t feel the pain of other Christian sister/brother, you need to check yourself and confirm if you are still part of the body of Christ. Be your brother’s keeper in words, action, deeds, habits, attitude behaviour, kindness, faithfulness and goodness.
Our Christianity must go beyond just speaking. You must add good deeds, good habits, and good character to Christians and everybody that crosses your path.
1. Father, I thank You for opening my eyes and giving me the opportunity to be a blessing to my neighbour, in the name Jesus
2. I receive the courage to move out of my comfort zone and make my life count for eternal assignment, in the name of Jesus.
3. Father, make me a channel of Your blessing to my generation, in the name of Jesus.
4. Father, stir up my heart to love my brother/sister in Christ as Christ loves them, in the name of Jesus.
5. Father, make me an emblem of love to my generation, in the name of Jesus.
6. O Lord, open the windows of blessing unto me, in the name of Jesus.
7. O Lord, open the heaven of your blessing unto me, in the name of Jesus.
Mountain Top Life Is a Daily Devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (general Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide) Read more about MFM daily devotional