DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR OCTOBER 19, 2022 (BEWARE OF DECEIVERS)
TOPIC: BEWARE OF DECEIVERS
TEXT: 2 John 1:7-13
7. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed;
11. For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
12. Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink; but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
13. The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.
“For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.” – (2 John 1:7).
The caution against deceivers and their activities has been from time immemorial. The custodians of our faith, including the Godhead, the holy prophets and apostles of Christ had always expressed concerns over the activities of deceivers among God’s people and the consequences of their actions should we allow them in our individual or corporate lives and worship.
Apostle John was glad with the progress this Christian family had made in following the way and teachings of Christ and His apostles. He did not fail to warn these beloved saints of the activities and grave danger the many deceivers who had emerged in the world posed to the pilgrims on the road to heaven. He remarked that these deceivers would deny the virgin birth of Christ, His doctrines and the Godhead in a bid to spread their damnable teachings. The warnings of the Apostle was emphatic and final.
The brethren were warned not to listen to them, but rather watch and ensure they hold steadfastly to the truth they had been taught. Deceivers in contemporary times are in their multitudes and so are their activities and plans. Modern knowledge and technology have exacerbated their works. However, the grace of God and the knowledge of the truth are more than sufficient to keep us from being swept away by the evil tide of false and deceptive preachers.
As believers, we must be assured of the ever-abiding presence of the Holy Spirit and the promises of Scripture that the Lord will keep us till the end as we remain steadfast.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Make no room for error; hold firm to the truth.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 19th October 2022 || Beware of Deceivers