DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR OCTOBER 18, 2022 ( OUR PURPOSEFUL RESPONSIBILITY)
TOPIC: OUR PURPOSEFUL RESPONSIBILITY
TEXT: Jude 1:17-25
17. But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18. How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21. Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22. And of some have compassion, making a difference;
23. And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
24. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
“Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.” – (Jude 1:21).
Keeping ourselves in the love of God and looking forward to His unfailing mercies are noble responsibilities every blood-washed believer should undertake for a life-time. This is the way to ensure we lay hold on the promises and blessings of God unto eternal life. The text under consideration reminds us of the need to remember the words of the apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ who warned us concerning graceless and sensual mockers in the last days, whose company we must avoid.
Part of our responsibilities as watchful saints is to identify false brethren, friends, teachers and ministers who would want to lure us into sin and wisely avoid them. While ensuring this, we must painstakingly undertake the duty of building ourselves on our most holy faith by diligent and regular search of the Scriptures, personal devotional prayers and compassionate sharing of the gospel, and caring for saved and unsaved souls around us. We are to keep ourselves holy by hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
As we live in these perilous last days, we must take heed to the sundry warnings of the Lord Jesus Christ and His faithful apostles. We must ensure that, above all, we keep ourselves unspotted despite the corruption in the world. As we obey God’s word, the very God of peace will keep us from falling and present us faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Keep yourself in the love of God.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 18th October 2022 || Our Purposeful Responsibility