DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR NOVEMBER 15, 2022 (GIVE THANKS IN EVERY SITUATION)
TOPIC : “GIVE THANKS IN EVERY SITUATION
Text: 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28
12. And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13. And to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
14. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
15. See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
16. Rejoice evermore.
17. Pray without ceasing.
18. In every thing give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
KEY VERSE: 1 Thessalonians 5:18
“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
“Praise, One of the Chief Employment of Heaven” was a sermon delivered by Jonathan Edwards on Thanksgiving Day on November 7, 1734, taking his text from the book of Revelation chapter fourteen verse two. He preached on the need to praise God even while on earth.
Our text today is a final benediction from Apostle Paul to the Thessalonian church. He instructed them to give thanks to God in everything because it is Christ’s will for all believers. They were also commanded to rejoice always as they abstain from all appearances of evil.
It is natural to thank and praise God when something good happens or when everything is rosy. But it takes real sacrifice to offer praise and thanksgiving when you have a tough challenge. There are times when we feel weary or it appears God is far or does not really care about our present predicament. During such circumstances, we must still praise Him. Praise and giving of thanks attract God’s presence and paves the way for His power to manifest in our lives.
Just like the nine ungrateful lepers, some Christians sometimes get so caught up in the euphoria of their breakthrough, miracle or healing, that they forget to appreciate God and give Him praise. Irrespective of what you have experienced this year, give thanks to God. The songwriter, Linda Randle puts it thus: “The God on the mountain, is still God in the valley. When things go wrong, He’ll make them right. And the God of the good times is still God in the bad times. The God of the day is still God in the night.” Give thanks; He will surely pull you through your trying moments.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Give thanks to God always.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 7-8
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.