DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR JUNE 30, 2022 (APPOINTED BY GOD)
TOPIC : “APPOINTED BY GOD“
Text: Jeremiah 27:1-11
1. In the beginning of the reign of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah came this word unto Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
2. Thus saith the LORD to me; Make thee bonds and yokes, and put them upon thy neck,
3. And send them to the king of Edom, and to the king of Moab, and to the king of the Ammonites, and to the king of Tyrus, and to the king of Zidon, by the hand of the messengers which come to Jerusalem unto Zedekiah king of Judah;
4. And command them to say unto their masters, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Thus shall ye say unto your masters;
5. I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.
6. And now have I given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him.
7. And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son’s son, until the very time of his land come; and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him.
8. And it shall come to pass, that the nation and kingdom which will not serve the same Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, and that will not put their neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, that nation will I punish, saith the LORD, with the sword, and with the famine, and with the pestilence, until I have consumed them by his hand.
9. Therefore hearken not ye to your prophets, nor to your diviners, nor to your dreamers, nor to your enchanters, nor to your sorcerers, which speak unto you, saying, Ye shall not serve the king of Babylon;
10. For they prophesy a lie unto you, to remove you far from your land; and that I should drive you out, and ye should perish.
11. But the nations that bring their neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, and serve him, those will I let remain still in their own land, saith the LORD; and they shall till it, and dwell therein.
KEY VERSE: Jeremiah 27:7
“And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son’s son, until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him.”
The dream of Nebuchadnezzar which was interpreted by Prophet Daniel, showed the world’s dominant kingdoms from Babylon to the Roman empires, etc. That everything came to pass literally shows that Jehovah is indeed “[the] God of gods, [the] Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets” (Daniel 2:47). He also spoke of another kingdom which “break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever” (Daniel 2:44). That kingdom is the everlasting kingdom of Christ to which all believers belong today.
The passage under review is an instruction to Jeremiah to make yokes and send to the kings of surrounding nations – Edom, Moab, Ammon and so on, instructing them to yield themselves to the rulership of Nebuchadnezzar whom God called “my servant”, who was to rule all nations and his son and grandson. He declared that He made the earth and all things in it and gives it to whomsoever He wills (verse 5). Anyone who failed to submit to this king will be punished by God.
Jehovah is the only true God that declares the end from the beginning. What a great privilege to be a child of this great God. What a great privilege to have His Book, the Bible, through which He has revealed His attributes of love, holiness, mercy, omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, and faithfulness to man. There is nothing He says or does that is an afterthought. He knows what will become of everyone who fears Him. Let us, therefore, worship Him for He is our God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God rules in the affairs of men.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.