DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR JULY 21, 2022 (CAN DARKNESS COVER?)
TOPIC : “CAN DARKNESS COVER?“
Text: Job 24:14-25
14. The murderer rising with the light killeth the poor and needy, and in the night is as a thief.
15. The eye also of the adulterer waiteth for the twilight, saying, No eye shall see me; and disguiseth his face.
16. In the dark they dig through houses, which they had marked for themselves in the daytime; they know not the light.
17. For the morning is to them even as the shadow of death; if one know them, they are in the terrors of the shadow of death.
18. He is swift as the waters; their portion is cursed in the earth; he beholdeth not the way of the vineyards.
19. Drought and heat consume the snow waters; so doth the grave those which have sinned.
20. The womb shall forget him; the worm shall feed sweetly on him; he shall be no more remembered; and wickedness shall be broken as a tree.
21. He evil entreateth the barren that beareth not; and doeth not good to the widow.
22. He draweth also the mighty with his power; he riseth up, and no man is sure of life.
23. Though it be given him to be in safety, whereon he resteth; yet his eyes are upon their ways.
24. They are exalted for a little while, but are gone and brought low; they are taken out of the way as all other, and cut off as the tops of the ears of corn.
25. And if it be not so now, who will make me a liar, and make my speech nothing worth?
KEY VERSE: Job 24:16
“In the dark they dig through houses, which they had marked for themselves in the daytime: they know not the light.”
An hotelier in a state in the South Western part of Nigeria was arrested by the Police following complaints by a family that he installed secret cameras in hotel rooms that they finally discovered breached their privacy. Many human actions done in secret have become a public scandal due to the use of modern technology and secret cameras installed in strategic places. But God does not need a digital camera to see the actions of men done in secret under the cover of darkness; “all things are naked and opened unto…him…” (Hebrews 4:13). Today’s text describes some categories of evil doers identified as murderers, adulterers and housebreakers who carry out their nefarious and shameful activities under the cover of darkness so that they will not be easily discovered.
These are still very common in our contemporary society. They try to carry out their acts to evade discovery by law enforcement agents or other individuals. Are you involved in any secret, sinful deal that is yet to be discovered? Are you stealing from your employer, parents, friends, customers or even from the church? Do not be deceived; God knows all your actions because His “eyes… are in every place, beholding the evil and the good” (Proverbs 15:3). He will certainly judge and bring to light, the hidden things of darkness. The easy way out is to forsake all evil deeds, repent and make necessary restitution before God’s long hand of justice catches up with you.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God sees through the darkest deeds of man.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.