DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR DECEMBER 21, 2022 (GOD’S BLANK CHEQUE)
TOPIC : GOD’S BLANK CHEQUE
Text: Luke 18:31-43
31. Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.
32. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on;
33. And they shall scourge him, and put him to death; and the third day he shall rise again.
34. And they understood none of these things; and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.
35. And it came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side begging;
36. And hearing the multitude pass by, he asked what it meant.
37. And they told him, that Jesus of Nazareth passeth by.
38. And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
39. And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace; but he cried so much the more, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
40. And Jesus stood, and commanded him to be brought unto him; and when he was come near, he asked him,
41. Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight.
42. And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight; thy faith hath saved thee.
43. And immediately he received his sight, and followed him, glorifying God; and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise unto God.
KEY VERSE: Luke 18:41
“Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight.”
You have probably heard of people who gave out blank cheques to others to fill in and collect any amount of money they want. But even as unrealistic as this sound, somewhere in the recesses of your mind, you still sometimes wish that someone out of nowhere would do the same for you.
Our text explicitly captured the opportunity offered the Jericho blind man. On hearing that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by, he cried out for mercy. He refused the rebuke to hold his peace and cried until he got Jesus’ attention. Jesus stood and commanded him to be called; inquiring what he desired. The blind man requested for the restoration of his sight and he got it by faith.
For those seeking the unexpected to happen, such as having a blank cheque, here is good news for you. The awesome, all-powerful and almighty God, in His word, has presented a “blank cheque” to anyone who dares to take it. He said, “Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me” (Isaiah 45:11). It is indeed a great privilege to command the God of heaven for His provision.
ANDREW WOMMACK DEVOTIONAL 21ST DECEMBER 2022
However, this instruction does not suggest being arrogant or rude to the Almighty. Rather, we must remind Him of His promises. This should be based on the confidence that we have that He can do all things at all times. This confidence comes only when there is a working relationship with God. So, unless you have a personal relationship with Him through repentance from sin and daily Christian living, you cannot express this confidence.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God’s blank cheque is for you.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.
Leave a Reply