DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR AUGUST 3RD, 2022 (THE INEVITABLE FIERY DAY)
TOPIC : “ THE INEVITABLE FIERY DAY “
Text: Malachi 4:1-6
1. For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
4. Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
5. Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD;
6. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
KEY VERSE: Malachi 4:1
“For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.”
Towards the end of World War 2, the Americans dropped two atomic bombs, codenamed “Little Boy” and “Fat Man”, on Hiroshima and Nagasaki cities of Japan. There was no prior warning; the day looked normal until everything was obliterated within seconds. The devastation was unbelievable, both properties and people were burnt to ashes. The incident ended the war.
We are in the last days. God’s fiery vengeance upon unrepentant sinners on earth is inevitable. Being merciful and just, He has variously warned in both the Old and New Testaments that sin must be punished. A forerunner to this is God’s fiery judgment on the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah for their wickedness. Again, the Scripture forewarns that “the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up”.
While God is gracious, merciful and compassionate, He is also a God of justice and a consuming fire. To escape His wrath, the sinner must seek the Lord before it is too late; turn away from sin and accept God’s offer of salvation by grace through faith. Then he/she is to remain in that grace, serving the Lord acceptably. Complacency in a world marked for destruction is dangerous. Escape for your life!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God’s judgment has no appeal.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.