DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR AUGUST 31, 2022 (THE FINAL WORD)
TOPIC : “THE FINAL WORD“
Text: Revelation 22:16-21
16. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book;
19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
KEY VERSE: Revelation 22:18,19
“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life…” .
When the Lord opened His message to John the Beloved in the Book of Revelation, He asserted His essence as the starting and closing points of all existence. By the time He ended His letter to the seven Christian congregations in Asia in the last chapter of the book, we find Him remaining true to His declaration: the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, who would want His word to retain its infallibility and unchangeableness.
The Lord warns that because He is “the same yesterday, today and forever,” all the prophecies He has handed over to John to pass on to the churches must also be in the same pristine divine state. It was not to be revised by addition or subtraction. He says that such dire consequences as denial of entry into heaven and affliction of plagues will be penalty for a breach of His caution.
The loss of global peace with the untold suffering mankind is experiencing is the inevitable outcome of its neglect of the laws of God and their replacement by a man-made order. For instance, God’s original marriage institution has undergone several mutations to accommodate polygamy, homosexuality, bestiality, gay wedlock and other horrendous aberrations.
The removal of biblical landmarks flouts the Lord’s unchangeable standards and nothing but misery would follow as warned by Jesus Christ, the One who says it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for His word to go unfulfilled. The Lord wants us to go back to the old-time religion, which brought the joy of salvation to man.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Don’t toy with biblical ancient landmarks.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.
Leave a Reply