DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR AUGUST 1ST, 2022 (VERIFIABLE TRUTH)
TOPIC : “VERIFIABLE TRUTH “
Text: 1 Timothy 1:12-19
12. And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
13. Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious; but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
14. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
15. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
16. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
17. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
18. This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightiest war a good warfare;
19. Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck;
KEY VERSE: 1 Timothy 1:15
“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief”
Two healthy and active twin sisters were born in Britain in 2005. The difference between them was visible in their skin color. One of them was black with curly black hair while the other was blond and fair skinned. They were simply black and white babies! Their parents had no fertility issues and there was no child switching at the birth hospital. Geneticists were baffled and queried how it came about. But with God, nothing is impossible.
Apostle Paul was never tired of sharing the miraculous story of his gracious conversion. He admitted by his own confession that he was once “a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but [he] obtained mercy, because [he] did it ignorantly in unbelief.” His encounter with the Lord on the way to Damascus led to his repentance and conversion.
Paul’s undeniable salvation is an affirmation and a pattern to those who should thereafter believe on Jesus for eternal life. We understand by his testimony that there is no one that God cannot transform, even the vilest sinner.
Today, the transforming power of grace still works wonders in the lives of those who would believe in Christ for redemption. For “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). If you will come, He will receive and empower you to live a life that is pleasing to God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Grace turns the vilest sinner into a saint.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
John 1 – 3
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.