DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL NOVEMBER 26, 2021 (TRUSTING HIS PROMISE)
Topic: “ Trusting His Promise“
TEXT: Genesis 24:1-9
1. And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age; and the LORD had blessed Abraham in all things.
2. And Abraham said unto his eldest servant of his house, that ruled over all that he had, Put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh;
3. And I will make thee swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell;
4. But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac.
5. And the servant said unto him, Peradventure the woman will not be willing to follow me unto this land; must I needs bring thy son again unto the land from whence thou camest?
6. And Abraham said unto him, Beware thou that thou bring not my son thither again.
7. The LORD God of heaven, which took me from my father’s house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this land; he shall send his angel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence.
8. And if the woman will not be willing to follow thee, then thou shalt be clear from this my oath; only bring not my son thither again.
9. And the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master, and sware to him concerning that matter.
Key Verse: Genesis 24:7
“The LORD God of heaven, which took me from my father’s house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this land; He shall send His angel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence.”
DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
Little children know the great and precious value of a promise. They hold strongly to the promise made to them by their parents and are confident that they will be fulfilled. Such promises calm their nerves and make them to brighten up. How simple their faith is! This is the kind of simple faith God wants us to have in dealing with Him: trusting His promise.
Abraham demonstrated this kind of faith and confidence in the passage under consideration. The time had come for him to help his son Isaac get a wife as it was the custom in his days. He charged his chief servant to go back to his kindred to pick a wife for his son. When the servant questioned what he would do should no woman agree to follow him, Abraham assured him that God would lead him to pick the rightful wife. He hinged his faith and confidence on the promise God had made to him earlier.
Many believers forget the promises of God when they come to major crossroads in their lives. They panic and out of worry and fear, take some foolish actions that end in bitter regrets. It is either because they do not know the promises that God had given to cover every aspect of their lives, or that they do not have enough trust and confidence in these promises. When we know God and trust His promises, we will approach and walk through situations in life with so much confidence, knowing that He is in control.
Develop this simple faith by meditating on the faithfulness and immutability of God. Read His word to discover His promises. Remember His past dealings and know that He will always be true.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
There is no anxiety for those who believe in the promises of God.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Peter 1-5
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…