DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR SEPTEMBER 19, 2022 (GET READY FOR CHRIST’S RETURN)
TEXT: Luke 12:32-48
32. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
33. Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
35. Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
36. And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
37. Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching; verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
38. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39. And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
40. Be ye therefore ready also; for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
41. Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
42. And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
43. Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
44. Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
45. But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
46. The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
47. And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
48. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required; and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
“And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.” – (Luke 12:36).
Each time a conversation, even among believers, gets to the direction of the return of Jesus Christ, many people are either dismissive, amused or unconcerned because they think it is unlikely; or if it would happen, it would be in the distant future. In the process, they miss the essential lesson of ensuring that the Lord’s coming does not meet them unprepared.
Jesus Christ Himself assures His disciples that the Almighty God delights in reserving a place in heaven for each of them. Believers should, therefore, not misplace their priorities, but jettison anything, including love of money, that could hinder their love, obedience and service to the Lord. They must allow their lives to shine brightly, while living in constant expectation of the imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ, so that irrespective of when it occurs, they would be ready. In fact, He would come without fanfare and when most people do not expect Him.
Great blessings await those He will meet on His return, as they faithfully engage in His service. But those who fail to prepare for His coming and are consumed by the rat race, revelry and oppressive activities of the world, would suffer eternal separation from Him. Those who are ignorant of His advent will face punishment, while those who knew but refused to get themselves ready, will face a more severe punishment.
This is a timely warning, especially in our present age, when all talks about the return of Jesus Christ seems like fable to many. To be ready, you must not condone even the slightest sin in your life, but shun all evil trappings and distractions of the world. You must diligently follow the Lord and faithfully engage in the service of winning and preparing souls for heaven. Jesus is coming very soon.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Leave a Reply