DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR APRIL 22, 2022 (RESTORATION AFTER PURIFICATION)
TOPIC: Restoration After Purification“
Text: Leviticus 14:10-20
10. And on the eighth day he shall take two he lambs without blemish, and one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish, and three tenth deals of fine flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, and one log of oil.
11. And the priest that maketh him clean shall present the man that is to be made clean, and those things, before the LORD, at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation;
12. And the priest shall take one he lamb, and offer him for a trespass offering, and the log of oil, and wave them for a wave offering before the LORD;
13. And he shall slay the lamb in the place where he shall kill the sin offering and the burnt offering, in the holy place; for as the sin offering is the priest’s, so is the trespass offering; it is most holy;
14. And the priest shall take some of the blood of the trespass offering, and the priest shall put it upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot;
15. And the priest shall take some of the log of oil, and pour it into the palm of his own left hand;
16. And the priest shall dip his right finger in the oil that is in his left hand, and shall sprinkle of the oil with his finger seven times before the LORD;
17. And of the rest of the oil that is in his hand shall the priest put upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot, upon the blood of the trespass offering;
18. And the remnant of the oil that is in the priest’s hand he shall pour upon the head of him that is to be cleansed; and the priest shall make an atonement for him before the LORD.
19. And the priest shall offer the sin offering, and make an atonement for him that is to be cleansed from his uncleanness; and afterward he shall kill the burnt offering;
20. And the priest shall offer the burnt offering and the meat offering upon the altar; and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and he shall be clean.
KEY VERSE: Leviticus 14:20
“And the priest shall offer the burnt offering and the meat offering upon the altar: and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and he shall be clean.”
The preceding verses in this chapter talk about cleansing rituals for the leper. They state the procedure to take to ensure that a person afflicted with the disease of leprosy is healed and fit for communal living once again.
Our reading today states the steps of purification that the leper must undertake on the eighth day after he has been certified healed of leprosy. He is to make sacrifices with three animals inside the tabernacle. The same high priest that certified him healed will supervise his restoration rituals using flour and oil along with the animals to be used for the sacrifices.
Restoration of the cleansed leper was to be an open ceremony, not one done in secret. It was to be done before the Lord. Definitely, we can all relate to and learn from this narrative. Every human was born in sin. We need cleansing through the precious blood of Jesus, not by the rigorous and expensive ceremonial sacrifices of the Old Testament nor the works of our hands. As you become born anew, cleansed by the blood of Jesus, the joy of salvation drives you to publicly proclaim your newfound faith.
Like the lepers of old, when we receive forgiveness of sins, we must show our appreciation to the Lord by consecrating our bodies unto Him like Paul counselled. “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service” (Romans 12:1). A grateful heart is always useful in saving others for the Lord.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Grateful souls become graceful servants of the Master.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.