Topic: ”HAVE NO ANXIETY”
Read: Matthew 6:24-34
24. ” No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
25. ” Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
26. “Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
27. “Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28. “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
29. “and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30. “Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, [will He] not much more [clothe] you, O you of little faith?
31. “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32. “For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33. “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
34. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day [is] its own trouble.
Today’s reading is part of the teaching of Jesus called ‘Sermon on the Mount.’ Jesus deals with a matter that confronts us all – Anxiety. We often get tied down with the concerns of everyday life that We forget God. Jesus reassures us that God cares for us. But we cannot serve two masters, God and mammon (earthly riches).
It is either we love one and hate the other or vice versa. God demands out undivided loyalty and trust – if God feeds the birds of the air and clothes the lilies of the field, He will surely provide all our physical and spiritual needs. Anxiety does no good; it destroys, wears down creates tension and completely disorganises the mind.
Child of God, do not worry; do not be afraid. God knows your needs – seek Him first, and all the things you desire will be added to you. Philippians 4:6 states, “Be careful for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”
Seeking the kingdom of God is the only true key to abundant living. Rather than worry about tomorrow, let tomorrow worry for itself, focus on God!
PRAYER: Father grant me the grace to seek You first and trust You to meet my daily needs. Amen.
The Anglican Communion is the fourth-largest Christian denomination. Founded in 1867 in London, England, the communion currently has 85 million members within the Church of England and other national and regional churches in full communion.