ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 23, 2023 (GET SATISFACTION FROM THE ROCK) FREE
Anglican Daily Fountain 23 February 2023 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria.
Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
TOPIC: GET SATISFACTION FROM THE ROCK
TEXT: Exodus 17(NKJV)
1. Then all the congregation of the children of Israel set out on their journey from the Wilderness of Sin,
according to the commandment of the LORD, and camped in Rephidim; but [there was] no water for the people to drink.
2. Therefore the people contended with Moses, and said, “Give us water, that we may drink.” And Moses said to them,
“Why do you contend with me? Why do you tempt the LORD?”
3. And the people thirsted there for water, and the people complained against Moses, and said, “Why [is] it you have brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our livestock with thirst?”
4. So Moses cried out to the LORD, saying, “What shall I do with this people? They are almost ready to stone me!”
5. And the LORD said to Moses, “Go on before the people, and take with you some of the elders of Israel. Also take in your hand your rod with which you struck the river, and go.
6. “Behold, I will stand before you there on the rock in Horeb; and you shall strike the rock, and water will come out of it, that the people may drink.” And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.
7. So he called the name of the place Massah and Meribah, because of the contention of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the LORD, saying, “Is the LORD among us or not?”
8. Now Amalek came and fought with Israel in Rephidim.
9. And Moses said to Joshua, “Choose us some men and go out, fight with Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in my hand.”
- UCB Word For Today 21 February 2023 || Let God Lead You
- The Upper Room Devotional for 21st February 2023
- February 21, 2023 Your Daily Bible Verse for Tuesday
10. So Joshua did as Moses said to him, and fought with Amalek. And Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.
11. And so it was, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed; and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.
12. But Moses’ hands [became] heavy; so they took a stone and put [it] under him, and he sat on it. And Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side;
and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
13. So Joshua defeated Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.
14. Then the LORD said to Moses, “Write this [for] a memorial in the book and recount [it] in the hearing of Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.”
15. And Moses built an altar and called its name, The-LORD-Is-My-Banner;
16. for he said, “Because the LORD has sworn: the LORD [will have] war with Amalek from generation to generation.”
ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN STUDY FOR TODAY
As usual, the people murmured when they got to Rephidim and there was no water to drink (vv. 1-3).
They forgot the recent turning of bitter water to sweet water. They forgot the provision of meat and manna.
They murmured against Moses. The people so wearied Moses that he also began to complain; not to man but to God. The people were even ready to stone him.
God asked Moses to strike the rock for water to come out. Moses obeyed and water came out in abundance. Amalek came to fight Israel but Joshua and his chosen men defeated them.
Are you thirsty and wearied? Go to the Rock of Ages for the water of life, to be refreshed.
As Moses cried out to the Lord for help so we should do when we face challenges in life that we do not have solutions to. God is always ready to give us a solution.
Do not join the group of those who patronize idolatry for solution where it does not exist. As the solution came from the rock through the intervention of God, so will your miracle solution come from the Rock of Ages.
Do not give up hope.
PRAYER: My Lord Jesus, you are my own rock, and I will always run to you.
Leave a Reply