ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR NOVEMBER 14, 2022 (BE ORDERLY)
TOPIC : ” BE ORDERLY”
Read: 2 Thessalonians 3:6-15(NKJV)
6. But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us.
7. For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you;
8. nor did we eat anyone’s bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you,
9. not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.
10. For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.
11. For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.
12. Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread.
13. But [as for] you, brethren, do not grow weary [in] doing good.
14. And if anyone does not obey our word in this epistle, note that person and do not keep company with him, that he may be ashamed.
15. Yet do not count [him] as an enemy, but admonish [him] as a brother.
STUDY: IN today’s text, Paul enumerates what it means to live disorderly while admonishing the Thessalonian church to do things appropriately. According to him, to be disorderly means: Not walking according to the pattern prescribed, refusing to work and living beggarly as well as refusing to obey the words of the Epistle. Paul made it clear that the interest of the Thessalonians should be to emulate him and the other disciples because they were examples of the brethren. It is not the will of God that we live disorderly because we serve a God who, right from creation, is orderly.
The admonition is that a child of God must follow what he/she has been taught and that will make us examples not only to our follow Christians, but to unbelievers also. It is time we make up our mind to be orderly: Following after the teachings and instructions from the word and trust worthy believers. Following correctly will enable us obtain good result that those who went ahead of us have obtained (Heb.6:12).
PRAYER: Dear Lord, please help me to live a life that is orderly. Amen.
The Anglican Communion is the fourth-largest Christian denomination. Founded in 1867 in London, England, the communion currently has 85 million members within the Church of England and other national and regional churches in full communion.
Leave a Reply