TEXT: Romans 8:31-39(NKJV)
31. What then shall we say to these things? If God [is] for us, who [can be] against us?
32. He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
33. Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? [It is] God who justifies.
34. Who [is] he who condemns? [It is] Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [Shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36. As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
37. Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39. nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The Psalmist in utter amazement of God’s love declared, “What is man that you are mindful of him?” (Psalm 8:4). The love of God towards man has been obvious. The gift of His only Son to the world as a ransom for sin stands out. He didn’t stop at that but has promised to give much more. As many as have received this love, He has justified and always intercedes for and also fills them with inner strength to live above the world.
Death, troubles, problems or momentary lack cannot remove them from this great shadow of Christ’s love.If you are a child of God who has genuinely accepted this love of Christ, be aware that no legitimate charge can be laid against you based on your former life. Be assured that in the midst of the troubles of life, your destiny is secured in Him because He has made you more than a conqueror.
Rejoice and continue on your pilgrim’s journey with a blessed hope that nothing in this life or in the life to come can remove His love for you.
PRAYER: Bring me to this reality every day that your love for me endures, O Lord.