TOPIC: THE WISDOM THAT COMES FROM GOD
TEXT: Isaiah 50:4 – 9a(NKJV)
4. ” The Lord GOD has given Me The tongue of the learned, That I should know how to speak A word in season to [him who is] weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear To hear as the learned.
5. The Lord GOD has opened My ear; And I was not rebellious, Nor did I turn away.
6. I gave My back to those who struck [Me,] And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.
7. ” For the Lord GOD will help Me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set My face like a flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed.
8. [He is] near who justifies Me; Who will contend with Me? Let us stand together. Who [is] My adversary? Let him come near Me.
9. Surely the Lord GOD will help Me; Who [is] he [who] will condemn Me? Indeed they will all grow old like a garment; The moth will eat them up.
The level and source of wisdom associated with any utterance determines what such utterance can accomplish in the hearers, particularly those that are already fed up with life because of their situations. There is a wisdom that comes from the world. There is also the wisdom that comes from above. The latter is manifested in a man when God has graciously opened the spirit of such a man to hear Him through the inspiration of His word.
The beneficiary of this supernatural wisdom is usually not rebellious to the Lord, rather, he lives in godly obedience as he has been justified by the mercies of the Lord and longs for His fellowship morning after morning. He receives help from the Lord in the days of adversity because he is sustained by the words that fill his spirit man through fellowship with God. Do you feel empty?
Do you long for the wisdom that comes from above? The Bible enjoins you to ask God in faith for He graciously gives to those who genuinely ask (James 1:5).
PRAYER: Lord, fill me with heavenly wisdom that I may be a blessing to those who are weary, in Jesus’ name. Amen.